KCI Training’s “Brief Like TED” 1 Day training program helps participants plan, organize, and categorize information, prepare for effective Q&A sessions, and engage and motivate audiences. Participants prepare and deliver 3 briefings to small groups. Their presentations are recorded, group and instructor feedback are provided.
1. Dream big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something never seen before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
2. Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams...and also your fears. Be vulnerable. Speak of failure as well as success.
3. Make the complex plain. Don't try to dazzle intellectually. Don't speak in abstractions. Explain! Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
4. Connect with people's emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
5. Don't flaunt your ego. Don't boast. It's the surest way to switch everyone off.
6. No selling from the stage! Unless we have specifically asked you to. Do not talk about your company or organization, your products or services, or ask for funding from the stage.
7. Fell free to comment on others speaker's talks, to praise or to criticize. Controversy energizes! Enthusiastic endorsement is powerful!
8. Don't read your talk. Notes are fine. But if the choice is between reading or rambling, then read!
9. End your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the people that follow you. We won't allow it.
10 Rehearse your talk in front of a trusted friend...for timing, for clarity. for impact.
Quickly develop powerful briefings using KCI's proprietary processes. Plan your presentation. Organize your data, and deliver a clear concise message.
Call KCI for more details at 435.214.7995 or